Capital One is dedicated to keeping the protection of our systems and our clients’ information. We appreciate and encourage safety scientists to make contact with us to report possible weaknesses identified in virtually any product, system, or asset owned by Capital One.
For more information on how exactly to submit possible weaknesses, go to our Disclosure that is responsible Program
Our correspondence Practices
When you e mail us:
- Once you initiate connection with Capital One, we’ll validate your identification before sharing username and passwords or performing transactions on your behalf.
- Our agents, whether over the telephone or perhaps inside our branches and cafes, may request you to verify information we now have on file or ask other questions to ensure your identification.
- Our agents will likely not ask you throughout the phone to deliver your online banking password.
When we contact you:
- We may contact you by email with offers or even to provide username and passwords. If you’re ever in question in regards to a communication instance, ahead any suspicious e-mails to email@example.com.
- Our Fraud division may contact you when we detect unanticipated task in your account. Fraud agents will demand verification of the identification ahead of talking about your account.
- We might contact you via text to verify an attempted cost (to stop fraud), but we are going to never ever request you to verify or confirm your private information within an text message that is unsolicited.
- Should you ever suspect the celebration contacting you isn’t Capital One, please tell the caller that you’d choose to contact Capital One directly and phone right back making use of the contact figures on our site or regarding the straight back of one’s card. Continue reading Report a Suspected Vulnerability