CDC updates this page monthly.
Measles Situations in 2020
At the time of April 5, 2020, there were 12 cases that are confirmed 7 jurisdictions. *
*Jurisdictions relate to some of the 50 states, new york, in addition to District of Columbia.
Measles Situations in 2019
- From January 1 to December 31, 2019, 1,282* specific situations of measles had been verified in 31 states. Of those instances, 128 were hospitalized and 61 reported having problems, including pneumonia and encephalitis.
- Here is the number that is greatest of instances reported in the U.S. Since 1992. Significantly more than 73percent associated with instances had been connected to current outbreaks in nyc. Nearly all instances had been among individuals who are not vaccinated against measles. Measles is more prone to distribute and cause outbreaks in U.S. Communities where categories of folks are unvaccinated.
- All measles instances had been brought on by measles wild-type D8 or B3.
Quantity of Measles Situations Reported by Year
2010-2019*(as of 31, 2020 january)
*Reporting for 2019 started 30, 2018 december. Situation count is initial and topic to alter.
- Most people whom got measles had been unvaccinated.
- Measles remains typical in several areas of the whole world.
- Tourists with measles continue steadily to bring the illness to the U.S.
- Measles can distribute whenever it reaches community within the U.S. Where categories of folks are unvaccinated.
For Information and Media discover supporting materials in the CDC Newsroom. Continue reading Measles Situations and Outbreaks. From January 1 to December 31, 2019, 1,282* specific situations of measles had been verified in 31 states.